Our last stop was the capitol city of Oslo.
What I loved the most was:
1. The City Pass. It allowed us to go in as many museums as we wanted (Oslo has a billion of them) & ride the metro, buses and ferries as many times as we wanted.
2. The Museums. We saw 6 museums in 24 hours and they were all pretty diverse:
Edvard Munch Museum - loved this
National Gallery - good selection of art but I liked the Munch Museum better
Norwegian Folk Museum -I wish we had spent more time here - lots of walking and lots to see
Fram Musee - facinating
Viking Ship Museum - this really was amazing - especially how well preserved these ships were and where they found them.
Kon Tiki Museum - very interesting stuff
3. Our dinner out at the Engebret Cafe which has been open for over 150 years. It is traditional Norwegian fare and my favorite dish was the dessert (no surprise there) which were cloudberries and cream served over cake. Cloudberries are like a white blackberry and they look like little clouds. SO YUMMY! Ski ordered the stockfish that he didn't get in the Lofotens (we were bummed there were no cod tongues - although I suspect this is an acquired taste).
4. Walking through the city early on a Sunday morning to take pictures when hardly anyone was up. Oh, and the sculpture garden - I loved that!
5. The metros and trains. They were so clean!
I'm going through all my Flip video clips, so hopefully I'll have some edited by tomorrow so that I can post them.